Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Damn, it's been awhile

I'm still here! A lot has been happening both in my eating and personal life...I started to reincorporate dairy back into my diet. I'm still vegetarian, but, when it comes down to it my body comes first and then the animals. I'm trying to justify it in my head by only buying organic free range eggs (free-range the hens are let out during the day, where as cage-free they only have a little hole in the side of their cage but they are still crammed in there and may or may not be aware that they have a hole to get out, so they never leave)..I think I got that right...someone correct my if I'm wrong...oh, and I buy rennet-free nonfat cottage cheese (rennet is an enzyme cultivated from a baby cows stomach...its killed to retrieve the enzyme). So, what got me to start eating dairy again? I started to count carbs, fat, protein, fiber etc in addition to just calories...and realized how high my carb intake was. This whole time my primary focus was on calories and I kept on majorly fluctuating in weight...but since uping my protein intake and lowering my carb intake I am maintaing at about 113.0...I even saw 112.2 a couple days ago! So, of the things I eat...I am eating about 35-40% protein...and man I forgot how full I get from eating high protein foods such as nonfat greek yogurt and nonfat cottage cheese...a little goes a long way...oh, and that brand Muscle Milk has a 100 calorie version and it has 15 grams of protein and only 5 grams carbs...so u feel full for super long...it hasnt been that long to see a dramatic loss in weight...only like almost 2 weeks since i started eating dairy again...but I just feel fuller longer on lesser amounts of food.

Also, I've been doing Tracy Anderson workouts...Ive been doing her Mat workout and it is kicking my ass...my arms have never burned like that before! And what I like about the workout is that she focuses on forming a lean body instead of bulky. I just got her dance cardio workout...I'll let you guys know how that goes...but its not gonna be pretty cuz I cant dance worth shit....at least i can do it in the privacy of my own room haha.

Oh, and on a side note, I'm getting a new roommate and I'm changing my major...so yea...life is changing...lets hope my body will finally start changing in a positive way too!

Hope you all are well!

3 comments:

Savory Sweet said...

So good to hear from you! And it does sound like a lot of changes, good ones :)

I've been pretty jaded lately about free-range vs. cage-free vs. whatever. It seems like nothing is cruelty free, but I'm having such a hard time keeping eggs from sneaking into my diet that I've all but given up. There's a lot of propaganda on both sides.

Hope to hear more about the new positive things going on! Good luck with the transition with dairy!!

monica said...

i'm happy you're back, and that the protein thing is working for you!

coastal_girl said...

well done for exersizing ;)