Sunday, February 22, 2009

Thoughts on Thinspo....


yea this pic is kinda Mean, kinda funny...sometimes I feel like the chick on the left...I know I'm not that big...but when I'm around thin people, this is how I feel. Anyways, about thinspo...sometimes I find pics of larger girls more inspiring because it instills FEAR in my head that I could be like that if I don't get my shit under control. Sometimes pics of skinny chicks just makes me depressed and the thought of never being like that enters my mind and then i just think "fuck it, so ill never be like that, so ill just give up." Does anyone else feel this way?

I view my belief in God/religion somewhat similiarly (fyi, i was raised Christian/Lutheran and i dont know what to believe about God and Jesus and all that cuz if thats right then everyone else is wrong, and i have a hard time believing that too)...so the point is I guess I have a belief in something God-like out there based soley on the fact that I dont want to be punished for not believing...it is my fear that drives me to believe in God...it is not the feeling of love, support, happiness, meaning of life you get from having a relationship with God that would drive me to Christianity...

...k sorry if ive lost anyone...im just saying that FEAR spans across many aspects of my life...i am in no way trying to put disordered eating on the same level of religion/spirituality....but doesnt this feel like a religion sometimes? the way it dictates our lives?

I'm sorry you guys for this rant...it turned in to more than i wanted and i hope i didnt offend anyone....I'm just saying that fear is a big motivating factor for me

I hope this made sense somewhat...I'm pretty tired...I had a long day which included some cramming for a biochem exam tomorrow so i am exhausted and i dont think anything i am saying is making sense anymore.

In any case...sometimes looking at pics of fat people is more motivating to be thin!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely agree. When I want a reason to not eat, I look up youtube videos of fat girls eating. TERRIFIES ME.

P.S- Word verification= WANTED. Hmm...

Rhianna said...

I feel the same way, I always feel like the girl on the left. Looking at fat people turns me off food also.

I also agree that like religion our ed's dictate how we live our life, its like ana/ mia is god, so when you think about it, ed's are our religion that we are ruled by.

Good Luck for the rest of the week hun!!

Xxx

winterlude said...

i heard someone justify their belief in god once by saying, "if it's not true, and there is no god, i've lost nothing; if it is true, and i've acted according to his wishes, well, i've gained everything."

also, what snapped me into my current relapse was a walk i took recently. as i was going past a kentucky fried chicken, i watched a morbidly obese woman walk out, tears and sweat streaming down her cheeks. it was the most powerful inspiration i'd ever seen.

monica said...

omg, that picture.. :/ :D i totally feel like the girl on the left today.

Vee said...

I feel the same way.

I look at skinny girls and just get depressed because I don't look like that. And I feel like the gargantuan-ly huge chick. I'm pretty overweight, but I'm not as huge as I often think I am.... But I *feel* a lot bigger than I am.

I have two aunts who are "morbidly obese" and sometimes I look at them and think, there's not that much difference between us. Other times I look at them and think to myself, I'm literally HALF the person they are. And it scares me to death that I could ever actually, REALLY be that size. Which is thinspiration enough for me.

So seriously, I agree and I know exactly what you're talking about. xxxx

Plum Girl said...

I agree!
Pics of obese people scare the shit out of me, and I always think, "I'm going to stop eating so I do NOT become her!"
And I know how you feel about your aunts, because my mom is like that.
Just hang in there though! It would take a lot to get that big.

Ana said...

:-) Thinspo didn't used to work for me, but when I lost ten pounds, suddenly things seemed more possible. As far as negative thinspo....pictures of me are all I need.
And I don't consider myself a Christian, but when I get scared I cross myself. I fear the devil too. and I believe in the anti-Christ. Good post, makes me think.

Harlow B said...

i find reverse thinspo works best for me. i feel closer to that extreme than to a very skinny girl.