Friday, February 27, 2009

melatonin & pinolenic acid

FYI Melatonin supplements are just as strong as any OTC sleep aid I've tried. I took it for the first time last night to see how it made me feel...and im still pretty out of it. i took it at 10:15 last night, and it is now 10:45 in the morning, and im still loopy feeling! good thing I didnt take it when I had to be up early. I do have to go in to class at 1pm, so hopefully it will wear off by then. I bought them in 5 mg tablets and then cut it up into 4 peices...apparently that roughly 1.25 mg is too much for me....imagine if i had taken the whole pill! Oh, AND it gives you crazy dreams....I usually dont remember my dreams a whole lot, but I definitely remember last nights...it involved a bear with a gun, lol...it wasnt a nightmare or anything, just weird. Anyways, just wanted to share that with anyone who wants a "natural" alternative to sleep aids.

Also, I finally gor those pinolenic acid supplements in the mail, and I didn't realize that there is trans fat in it! That makes me mad. Also, I guess I kind of understand why...since its in pill form and needs to be shipped all around the country, and then it gets stored in the cupboard for who knows how long...that is why it needs to be hydrogenated, to be stable...but still...they should have made it a refrigerated product so it wouldnt have to have trans fat and be shelf stable. Anyways, so now I am hesistating trying it...I know it is supposed to suppress your appetite, but it's hard to knowingly eat trans fat. I need to brush up on this whole trans fat thing again...like i only know how they turn regular fat into trans fat, but i dont know how your body handles it...i heard that since the body doesnt recognize it cuz its not naturally occruring in nature, that it just stores it. I dont know. That scares me. ok, gotta go get ready for class...

1 comments:

Plum Girl said...

Did you try the pinolenic acid? How was it???