So I got home last night from work around midnight and had like a 600 calorie (at least) binge. It put me in way over 1000 cal for yesterday. Maybe it's cuz I didn't take the pgx? Anyways, so I laid in bed, soooo uncomfortably full and I couldnt sleep. I maaaaybe got 2 hours of sleep, maaaaybeeee. I've been wanting to do a short water fast for awhile now, and decided today would be the best day. It's been a long time since I've gone 36 hours with at least something besides water...coffee at least, or soup....so this is starting to get hard for me. I want to give in and at least have some soup or broccoli, but I WONT! Reading everyone's blogs is keeping me motivated. And besides, I keep on reminding myself that I should at least do this for my health, if not a nice little jump start into some weight loss. I read about the benefits of a short water fast like this on npr radio's website...and then I looked into it further and read an article about how to ease out of it so you don't get sick or whatever. Here are the links if anyone is interested:
npr article:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=16513299&ps=cprs
the other article:
http://ezinearticles.com/?24-Hour-Water-Fasting-For-Weight-Loss-and-Detoxification&id=1380813
Oh, and I'm super addicted to caffiene, so this is extra hard cuz I'm starting to get a headache...prob caffiene withdrawl. And on one last note, I weighed 115.0 today.
Monday, January 12, 2009
Jan. 12
Posted by CellarDoor at 4:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Thanks for the links. something to show my mother, you know... Slash great job and keep it up!
Good luck with the water fast! I plan to do a fast once a week. But I'll throw some chicken broth in. Being completely without any food would probably make me binge the next day or something. What a horrible idea.
Anyway, a water fast would be worth a try. One day, weekend or so. It's much easier to fight the craving and the binge when you're at home and not at work, I think.
Ur Welcome hey.hana, and thanks!
Leni, yea, the fast didnt go so well at the end. Next time I'll try some kind of simple juice maybe so I don't binge. And I did spend all day at home, so I could do as little or as much activity I wanted, so that was nice cuz sometimes at work when I'm moving around and havent had much to eat, i get dizzy...so yea, staying at home is a good thing. =)
Thanks for the Comments!
Post a Comment