Saturday, January 3, 2009

Jan. 3

I haven't weighed myself yet today, but yesterday the scale wavered between 114.6 and 114.8. It better not go back over 115.0 or I will be pissed. At least work has been busy, so I never think about food there...it's just when I get home at the end of the day when I fuck up my whole day. Anyone have any suggestions for resisting temptation at the end of the day? I always regret it immediately after I eat whatever it is I eat cuz I always eat until I'm full at the end of the day and I hate it. Then I wake up the next morning still feeling gross. I like going to bed on an empty stomach cuz when I wake up the next day I always feel so much better. It's just hard remembering how good an empty stomach feels in the morning when I'm super hungry at night.

Anyways, so the last few days of eating didn't go as planned. I've been with family and friends, and they now all go out of their way to fix vegan stuff for me when we all get together. My mom made me vegetable soup and got a vegan apple crumble thingy...fuck I forget what they're called. Anyways, needless to say, I ate everything. She sent me home with the soup, which I think it pretty light on the calories...it's just sweet potatoes, carrots, celery and vegetable broth with various seasonings...no cream or anything of course, so I think it's healthy.

Alright, gotta start getting ready for work here....

4 comments:

Apple Berry said...

the soupd sounds healthy enough to me. In fact, it sounds even kinda yummy. So you're vegan ey? How is that, I've been intrigued for a long time but think it would be incredibly difficult to maintain.

How did you find the transition? I am vegetarian already.

V

Anonymous said...

That's nice of your mom! Sounds pretty light, plus soup is always so filling. I feel ya on going to bed on an empty stomach, if I don't I feel bloated the next day. Tonight I'm gonna take a sleep aid in the evening to try and hurry along the unconsciousness. Can't eat if ur not awake! :)

CellarDoor said...

dontpukeinmywellies,I only started eating vegan at the beginning of last year, and it hasn't been that bad. I wasn't even a vegetarian...i just never ate that much meat to begin with. i would eat it if it was around, but rarely cooked it for myself. the only thing about going totally vegan is convenience...i have to plan everything. but then again, i've been planning meals and figuring out calorie count and all that kind of stuff for as long as i can remember...so maybe its not as big of a change...its just about avoiding foods. one advantage is i can't just snack on anything...i have to know what's in it. like at work or school for instance i usually avoid food altogether there. also, learning that a lot of the cheeses we eat is curdled by an enzyme that is removed from a baby cows stomach (the calf is of course killed to get the enzyme) helps me to not want to eat it. not only is it mean, but it's gross if u think about it. i think you should go for it...i think you can do it =).

rach-ums, haha i've totally tried taking sleeping pills before so i wouldnt eat late...but i always take em too damn late and i feel all groggy the next morning...i might try again but i never take it in time. i hope it works for you though!

Apple Berry said...

you just grossed me out on cheese! Thanks (and I'm not being sarcy)

It'll be difficult because so many of my snacks have something small and non-vegan in it, I'll have to do some research and slowly modify my snack cupboard. Meals isn't so hard, my meals are often close to vegan anyway. How do you deal with milk?

Is soya milk much cop in coffee?