I can't remember who posted this idea of eating celery with mustard, but it is genius...it totally stopped me from binging on mac n' cheese! So thank you to whoever suggested that!
I feel pretty good for stopping that binge. I normally don't have non-vegan food around to eat, but I had to practice clarifying butter and making a bechamel sauce for this food prep class I have to take. I haven't bought animal products for myself in a year, so out of respect for the animal, since I already bought it, I didn't want to waste a drop. I decided to turn the bechamel into a cheese sauce to make macaroni and cheese that I took up to my boyfriend and his roommates. I was going to take the whole pan up to my boyfriend, but my roommate said that she wanted some, so I left a good amount for her. Well it ended up that she didn't even like it (which was weird..this was like gourmet mac and cheese, and she didnt like it, but she likes freakin easy mac...whatever). My boyfriend loved it, and one of his roommates gobbled it down, so I know it was good. They would have told me if they didn't like it. Anyways, back to the point, which is since my roommate didn't like it, there was still some left in my house, and eventhough it was the complete opposite of vegan, I wanted so bad to eat it all. So I went out there...took a bite, then thought to myself, what the hell am i doing? So i spit it out, and threw the rest away. I felt bad wasting it, but the roommate wasn't going to eat it and by the time I see my boyfriend next, it wouldnt be good anymore. So, yea. It almost became a really bad binge.
So, instead, since I was craving salty, I ate celery and spicy mustard. Phew! And now that mac and cheese is in the trash and is no longer taunting me!
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Celery & Mustard
Posted by CellarDoor at 4:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You have Kat to thank for the celery and mustard tip- she's amazing. Haha.
Good work on avoiding the Mac and Cheese binge!!!
Post a Comment