Dude, this has been such a long weekend! I spent most of Saturday at this conference (for credit for a class I'm taking) that relates to my major. It started at 8 and went until 4! There were 5 speakers, and some of it was soooo boring. By the time the 4th speaker came on, who actually seemed pretty interesting cuz she was talking about this food service company that is all about sustainability and being kind to earth etc...but me and this other chick that I went with were over it, so we left and came back to my house and studied. Oh, and then daylight savings fucked me up...I had work Sunday morning at 8, so technically that is like, 7am, and I didn't get much sleep. Work was long, then I saw my boyfriend for like an hour, eventhough I haven't seen him all week, I couldn't stay cuz I had to come home and work on this project for school until 1am this morning.
Oh, but I did get something out of this conference that I feel like we could all apply to our lives...one of the women who spoke is like a motivational speaker who does life coaching for people in the health proffesions industry...well she asked us really good questions about what our paths in life were and stuff like that. But of course, being EDNOS, I apply it to my goals and the path I want to take to get the body I want. Here are some things to think about:
*Who must I be in order for my visions to come true?
*We must step out of our comfort zones (ie stop binging for me and sulking) to become the person we want to be.
*If we keep doing what we are doing, we will keep getting what we're getting, soooo......What part of me am I willing to give up to become the new me?
She was also talking about "unique essence"....but in her speech, she was referring to "what is it about myself and what I do that will attract people to my business/services?"
Unique Essence = competitive advantage.
But I want all of our Unique Essences to be that we are skinny! haha
To be thin, is to have a competitive advantage.
Anyways, I need to start getting ready for class otherwise I am going to be super late.
Monday, March 9, 2009
Loooong Weekend/Motivation
Posted by CellarDoor at 8:17 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
lol, I like that: unique essence.
also booo on daylight savings!
Post a Comment